main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Community Rules Q&A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senerade

Canceled user

Subject: Mugic Negation in Regards to Cost   PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 am Reply with quote

Just a real quick question (if anyone is still answering anything here). So say I have a Yondaf and I activate some mugic, maybe Armament Adagio (why not). Is targeting a cost in any way or are only the mugic counters the cost, specifically what happens upon negation (or doesn't happen)? Adding to this a bit here, if my Nourishing Nocturne is negated, do I still sacrifice a creature? Any input is much appreciated.
chiodosin1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Mugic Negation in Regards to Cost   PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote

scutezza wrote:
I know this may not be the right place to ask this but does anyone think its worth buying a budle on ebay cause im in australia for $41 which include 6 starter decks 2 of them are secret of the lost city as im trying to get a tribeless creature

your kinda right that this isn't the place this is more for rules questions but I'll try to help anyway all I can give you is the facts.
Fact: you get 3 rare past cards and 1 super or ultra past card per deck
Fact: all the tribless cards are super or ultra rare
now Idk how easy it is to find tribeless cards for trade I know probosca and smildon are findable while ursis and cromaxx tend to be a nightmare to find. but I do think that if what your after is only past cards you better off looking for bundles with just AU starter decks because they at least come with 1 booster pack and have the past cards you want. the DoP and MI also have some exlusive cards but if you don't also want those I wouldn't buy them because those decks don't have much other value.

senerade wrote:
Just a real quick question (if anyone is still answering anything here). So say I have a Yondaf and I activate some mugic, maybe Armament Adagio (why not). Is targeting a cost in any way or are only the mugic counters the cost, specifically what happens upon negation (or doesn't happen)? Adding to this a bit here, if my Nourishing Nocturne is negated, do I still sacrifice a creature? Any input is much appreciated.

here's the quote on the subject
"8.4. Playing Mugic, Attack Cards, or Abilities:
Mugic Cards or card abilities are played by performing the following set of actions in the order indicated below:
Reveal the Mugic Card or announce the ability that you want to play.
If the Mugic or ability has a variable cost the value of X is chosen now (see 8.4.2.6)
If the Mugic or ability has targets these are chosen now.
Pay any cost associated with playing the Mugic Card or ability. If you cannot pay the full cost for the ability or Mugic then the announcement is canceled and all steps taken are reversed.
Place a played Mugic Card on the table as part of the Burst. Played abilities are also added to the Burst but are not represented by physical cards."

targeting is something that happens when a mugic is played like paying its costs. All targets of mugic or any other effect are chosen when that effect is activated so yondaf's effect would also trigger when the effect is activated and the target is selected. then is place placed onto the burst after the mugic. From that point on the 2 effects are considered separate. Negating the mugic does not negate yondaf's effect and vice versa.

as for the secound part I don't have a quote but additonal costs of mugic will spesificlly say "as an additonal cost to play this mugic, *insert cost here*" therfore while you do pick the target and pay the 2 counters when you play nocturne you choose to sac a creature when it resolves and if the mugic is negated you do not lose any creatures.

and yes this forum is still in use both afjak and I try to check here regularly so if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
theprince

Canceled user

Subject: mugic   PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote

can creatures not engaged in the battle use mugic or abilities?
afjak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: mugic   PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote

theprince wrote:
can creatures not engaged in the battle use mugic or abilities?

Yes. Unless a card specifically says otherwise, Mugic and activated abilities can be played from unengaged creatures.

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote

How can I edit a deck I just published
afjak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Editing   PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote

theprince wrote:
How can I edit a deck I just published

Open up your deck, then look for the link that says [Edit]. The link should be located near the top-right of the same page. It will bring up the deck builder to adjust card selections for the selected deck.

Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote

If my location is The Garden and my Tarbok attacks say Kolmo will my Waterproof activate since Garden gives water at beginning of combat and Waterproof checks at the beginning of combat? I know this seems straight forward but I was just wondering if they happen at the same time or if the order is check for water then creatures get water. I'm running a proof deck and I need to know if these AU locations work like I hope they do.
chiodosin1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:57 pm Reply with quote

speedplayera wrote:
If my location is The Garden and my Tarbok attacks say Kolmo will my Waterproof activate since Garden gives water at beginning of combat and Waterproof checks at the beginning of combat? I know this seems straight forward but I was just wondering if they happen at the same time or if the order is check for water then creatures get water. I'm running a proof deck and I need to know if these AU locations work like I hope they do.

shoot seems the notifcations were not working again
well this is one of the non intuitive parts basiclly waterproof boils down to "at the beginning of combat, if the opposing engaged creature has water, gain X energy". This is what's known as a intevering if clause, some triggered effects have not only a "when" (like recklessness being when you play an attack) but also and if, the if means the effect will only go onto the burst if the IF clause is met at the time of the trigger, so if the opposing engaged creature doesn't have water at the beggining of combat no trigger will happen even if they later gain water from the garden they've already missed the window. The IF also checks when an effect resolves so if you begin combat and the creature has water, waterproof triggers, but if they exepnd water in response, when waterproof goes to resolve the IF clause is no longer met so you don't gain any energy.

this applies to other abiltys with IF like vlar (who was previously ruled could sac his gear at the beginning of combat then steal one but actually cannot) or again any triggered effects with an "if"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: