main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

 

bulletin boards

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
most worthless cards top 100(in the making)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:11 am Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
Wait, then we should judge the cards based on todays standards only?

Okay, then I got some.

* Judgment Dragon - ONLY good in a LS deck. And really, if you've built a good LS deck, this card just adds insult to injury.

* Honest - If you have to rely on this card so that one of your cards can beat one of your opponent's cards, then you shouldn't use said card in the first place!

* Gladiator Beast Gyzarus - It's effect is only good when it's fusion summoned then it's just a 2400 beatstick.

* Any of the Monarchs - They're effect only activates when they're Tribute Summoned, otherwise they're just a beatstick monster.


That's not an excuse for JD. Many Lightsworn hybrids exist, JD can be teched into decks that aren' even full LS.

Honest is one of the best light support in years. It adds a different element of surprise that traps cannot provide.

Saying Gyzarus is bad means you probably do not know how the deck is run. Summon, destroy two, tag out for other two, generate plus one on effects for the two tagged out. All about the advantage in Glads.

Monarchs generate advantage upon summoning, they add pressure and presence to the game. Card removal in the form of a monster. Why else do you think 50% of meta decks splash Caius. That's like comparing to for example saying Smashing Ground is a bad card because it "only destroys a monster", a monarch will destroy like a spell but unlike a spell it won't disappear after use.

Quote:

True, but still, those wouldn't be considered worthless, those would be considered alternatives.


Bad replacements. Why use those when you can use the other. Take Horn of Heaven vs Vanquishing Light. If you use one in LS, run Horn instead, you can also tribute the non LS monsters as well.

monarchcaius wrote:
@ sl1ferm4ster ,i agree with you on the JD.

i would also like to add that most meta cards need the same archtype to be "good", like glads need other glads, blackwings need blackwings, and to a certen extent X-sabers need themselves and XX-sabers, and to continue with this thought you could say that red eyes DMD is only good in dragons. to sum it all up there need to be other factors than level, atk, def, and archtype that make a card useless. like a side effect that makes the card usless or isn't worth the reqirements. take brionac, good in any deck except remove from play decks, because of the errata

and to add to my list of bad cards i would like to throw out offerings to the doomed: destroy a face up monster and skip ypur draw phase. could be good when combined with other cards that cause you to skip your d-phase, like multiple recless greeds, since theeir effects do not accumulate.

anyways let me know what you think.


Worthless = unplayable. Think of it like this, for example XX-Saber Hyunlei is unplayable outside of X-Sabers but doesn't make the card worthless because just because you don't run the deck doesn't other people won't. It won't be "worthless" because you can still trade it off because it's playable. Try trading off unplayable cards, you can't therefore they are worthless.

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
WOW! This is harder than I thought. I mean, it's easy to list cards that are only good in certain decks, but hard to list cards that are worthless based on anything else.

But I would have to go with Cyberstein. Paying 5000 LP to special summon any Fusion Monster is WAY too much. If it was like 1000 LP or wasn't considered a cost, it would be a TOTALLY different story.


5000 LPs is nothing is you're going to win. There's a saying "Life points are nice but I only need 1 to win". There's reason why Cyber Stein got emergency banned mid format. Summon, pay 5000 LP. summon Cyber End Dragon, drop Limiter Removal, game.

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
I totally agree. Pretty much any card that requires another archetypal card or monster type to be effective would be worthless since it's only good in that type of deck.

But sometimes Offering to the Doomed would be good. Like you would definitely use 3 in an Infernity deck since you skip your Draw Phase.


Running Offerings to the Doom in Infernities defeat the whole purpose of the speed of the deck. An Infernity should be able to empty his hand no matter what and use every card they draw. Besides, Offerings might stop you from drawing that Infernity Archfiend for the win.
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote

All right, lucifer. If you're so smart, why don't YOU throw some out for criticing?! Everything I've said you've said I was wrong! And to be honest, it's getting really annoying. I mean, I guarantee you that if someone was to post a truly-worthless card, you'd say that it can still be used in this kind of deck.



Oh, and the thing you said about Judgment Dragon, how people can use it in a Lightsworn-hybrid deck, that's still counteracting what you said. Even if there are non-Lightsworn monsters in that deck, it STILL has Lightsworns in it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
All right, lucifer. If you're so smart, why don't YOU throw some out for criticing?! Everything I've said you've said I was wrong! And to be honest, it's getting really annoying. I mean, I guarantee you that if someone was to post a truly-worthless card, you'd say that it can still be used in this kind of deck.

dude, can u chill for just a sec? the only reason lucifel's arguing with wat you're saying is because there is an argument to be made. Just about every card he's argued about is true.



Oh, and the thing you said about Judgment Dragon, how people can use it in a Lightsworn-hybrid deck, that's still counteracting what you said. Even if there are non-Lightsworn monsters in that deck, it STILL has Lightsworns in it!


Lightsworns don't make a deck. Nowadays, they are used for random tech. prime example of this is ryko: there are a countless number of decks that use ryko. One well known of these decks is the debris plant deck, which uses ryko mostly for the mill with the card destruction as a bonus. Yet the deck isn't called Debris-sworn, is it? Well, its the same with other decks. Lightsworns mesh well with zombies, so and getting enough lightsworn monsters in the grave for JD is not that hard.
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote

raijin wrote:

dude, can u chill for just a sec? the only reason lucifel's arguing with wat you're saying is because there is an argument to be made. Just about every card he's argued about is true.


Lightsworns don't make a deck. Nowadays, they are used for random tech. prime example of this is ryko: there are a countless number of decks that use ryko. One well known of these decks is the debris plant deck, which uses ryko mostly for the mill with the card destruction as a bonus. Yet the deck isn't called Debris-sworn, is it? Well, its the same with other decks. Lightsworns mesh well with zombies, so and getting enough lightsworn monsters in the grave for JD is not that hard.


I'm sorry, but it's just frustrating. What I was saying was my honest opinion, yet he was saying I was wrong with every one. You can't have a wrong opinion. I do apologize for how I said it, but I'm not sorry for what I said.

And yes, I do agree, people do use Ryko in some decks, and they aren't Debris-sworn decks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote

All right, I got some. And HOPEFULLY lucifer won't say those are bad choices.

Tyhone #2
Timeater
Time Seal
Tsukuyomi
Winged Dragon of Ra (Effect Monster)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster, i will have to disagree with you about Tsukuyomi, i like it in a glad deck. when combo'd against stardust with gyzarus it dominates the field. otherwise great suggestions.
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote

monarchcaius wrote:
sl1ferm4ster, i will have to disagree with you about Tsukuyomi, i like it in a glad deck. when combo'd against stardust with gyzarus it dominates the field. otherwise great suggestions.


To tell you the truth, I disagree with the Tsykuyomi suggestion too. I only listed it to please lucifer because of the whole "banned=worthless" thing he keeps saying.

Plus, I don't think Timeater is worthless. I use it to combo with my Malicious Fiend. Timeater forces your opponent to skip their Main Phase 1 and go right to their Battle Phase. And since it's their Battle Phase, all of their monsters MUST attack Malicious Fiend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote

jinzo #7

its basically saying

"alright ill summon to attack for 700 points, your turn to run over my jinzo #7 for alot"
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote

kornman wrote:
jinzo #7

its basically saying

"alright ill summon to attack for 700 points, your turn to run over my jinzo #7 for alot"


On it's own, I agree, Jinzo #7 is useless. However, it's not worthless IMO. The first major tournament I was in, one of my opponents equipped Rainbow Flower with Mage Power. It attacked directly with 2500+ ATK each turn, and I could barely defeat it. Basically, if you power up Jinzo #7, it can be a real beatstick!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
All right, I got some. And HOPEFULLY lucifer won't say those are bad choices.

Tyhone #2
Timeater
Time Seal
Tsukuyomi
Winged Dragon of Ra (Effect Monster)


Look I meant not to attack on purpose, I was trying to make a logical argument on how cards are used.

I'll say this though Time Seal is worthless now, but when it legal it caused a ton of problems for me.

But yeah Winged Dragon of Ra is really bad, it's not the former glory of what Ra used to be, they really should of made it more the effect Obelisk.
Back to top
skittlz100

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote

I think any monster with an effect is useful...and every spell/trap can have a use in some way. If you built decks around these cards, they would at least have some use. But there are really useless cards, like petit moth, unicycular, things like that. You can't do anything with cards like that pretty much. or like Marie the Fallen One. Well, never mind, I was actually able to make a deck around her. lol.
Back to top
czamora

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote

How about the gift of greed?

Normal Trap Card; your opponent draws two cards

lulz
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote

seridor wrote:
How about the gift of greed?

Normal Trap Card; your opponent draws two cards

lulz


I don't see that as useless. If you play a Deck-out deck, that's helpful, or if your opponent is down to only 1-2 cards left, then it's helpful. Or if you have 1+ Appropriates on your side of the field, since he drew 2 cards outside his draw phase, you get to draw 2 cards as well for each Appropriate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
li23yut

Canceled user





Subject: other non-used cards   PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote

i have not seen man-eating insect in a long,really long time.plus,gift card....i have not ever seen anyone use it.i know its useful if your opponent uses unstable evolution. Cool and dark hole is very rarely used in duels. Smile so,my three are man-eating insect,gift card and dark hole.i will come up with more soon,ok? Cool
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject: Re: other non-used cards   PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote

li23yut wrote:
i have not seen man-eating insect in a long,really long time.plus,gift card....i have not ever seen anyone use it.i know its useful if your opponent uses unstable evolution. Cool and dark hole is very rarely used in duels. Smile so,my three are man-eating insect,gift card and dark hole.i will come up with more soon,ok? Cool


Thank you for your input! The reason why you haven't seen Man-Eater Bug is because people prefer Ryko over it, just to abuse it's milling effect. And Dark Hole wasn't being used was because it was banned in the tournaments. But now that it's no longer banned, I bet you'll see it now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
[Total forum time spent: 0.126 seconds]