main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
most overused cards in the game top 100 (in the making)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject: most overused cards in the game top 100 (in the making)   PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote

I decided to follow djcard's footsteps and make this thread.

Basically, list any cards that you think are way overused. You know, any cards that make you go "Really? Did you HAVE to play that?" or "Not you too!" or "Your deck doesn't really need that card!". Any card that people suggest to add in their decks, but really don't need it. Anyone's free to comment, but please keep all critiques positive.

Here's to get started.

Judgment Dragon
Honest
Dark Armed Dragon
Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (or whatever it's called)
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote

solmn judgement - good, but over used
solmn warning - same as above
stardust
goyo
brionac
armory arm
thought ruler archfiend
catastor
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote

monarchcaius wrote:
solmn judgement - good, but over used
solmn warning - same as above
stardust
goyo
brionac
armory arm
thought ruler archfiend
catastor

Thanks for the reply! And I agree with all of those!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote

bottomless trap hole=wtf did you have to remove my goyo from play?!
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! But what I meant by "Did you really have to play that?" were cards that basically added insult to injury. Let's say, for example, I'm down to my last 1000 LP and no face-down spells or traps, and my opponent has enough Lightsworn monsters to finish me off. If he summons Judgment Dragon, that would be the "Did you really have to play that?" moments I'm talking about.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 am Reply with quote

Look I won't say anything in your topic, that are many things I could say but instead I'll contribute to the topic.

Even though it's recently banned, I'll say Heavy Storm. That card alone has cost me more games than I can count.

If legal then I'll say Cold Wave. There's nothing more irritating then someone playing Cold Wave, then dropping down XX-Saber Boggart Knight, X-Saber Pashuul, XX-Saber Faultroll, XX-Saber Faultroll for game.

True overused = good but overused doesn't mean bad if you understand what I mean...
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quote

lucifel wrote:
Look I won't say anything in your topic, that are many things I could say but instead I'll contribute to the topic.

Even though it's recently banned, I'll say Heavy Storm. That card alone has cost me more games than I can count.

If legal then I'll say Cold Wave. There's nothing more irritating then someone playing Cold Wave, then dropping down XX-Saber Boggart Knight, X-Saber Pashuul, XX-Saber Faultroll, XX-Saber Faultroll for game.

True overused = good but overused doesn't mean bad if you understand what I mean...

You can say things in my topic. I was just frustrated. I certainly don't want to stop your freedom of speech.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:

You can say things in my topic. I was just frustrated. I certainly don't want to stop your freedom of speech.

I apologise anyway, it's the way I come off as sometimes. ^.~

Just to add on topic, I'll throw in Bottomless Trap Hole as a card I never like seeing even though I use two of them too. Opening up double Bottomless can swing the early game tempo heavily towards whoever opened with it.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:08 am Reply with quote

Rescue Cat. You can be pretty sure one of the monsters they summon will be X-Saber Airbellum to try and knock out a card in your hand, and then they'll Synchro Summon something that will flatten you next turn.

Also, here's a list of Blackwings that I think are overused:
Blizzard the Far North
Bora the Spear
Gale the Whirlwind
Kalut the Moon Shadow
Shura the Blue Flame
Sirocco the Dawn
Armed Wing
Armor Master
stevil

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:31 am Reply with quote

D.D. Warrior Lady

Dark Armed Dragon definitely but i so want one
skittlz100

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote

uhh, DIMENSIONAL PRISON. lol.
Dark Hole for sure
Chaos Sorcerer (you see him in any deck that has at least like 3 lights/darks)
Caius the Shadow Monarch. #1 choice for 1 tribute monsters
Ryko
Battle Fader

Idk...I guess some of those are argumentative. But yea, that's what I think.
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote

skittlz100 wrote:
uhh, DIMENSIONAL PRISON. lol.
Dark Hole for sure
Chaos Sorcerer (you see him in any deck that has at least like 3 lights/darks)
Caius the Shadow Monarch. #1 choice for 1 tribute monsters
Ryko
Battle Fader

Idk...I guess some of those are argumentative. But yea, that's what I think.

I totally agree with all of those, except for the Dark Hole. I haven't seen anyone use that card in a LONG, LONG time. I especially agree with the Ryko. They say that that's the ultimate card-destroying flip-effect, but they've forgotten about Man-Eater Bug. MEB is pretty much the ancestor of Ryko. I've only seen people use Ryko to destroy monsters, and MEB does the exact same thing!
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject: a really,really overused card   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 am Reply with quote

exiled force.that card bums me out ALWAYS. Sad
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quote

trishula has crossed the line. Sad
skittlz100

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 am Reply with quote

li23yut, please do try to combine your posts into one next time, it saves room in the forum, and is less spam-like. I'm not being some strict supreme I-hate-you-forum-moderator kinda person, but it's just well, a bit bothersome to me. x] Not trying to start an argument or anything.

But I definitely agree with Trishula. The prices for a Duel Terminal Trishula are absolutely outrageous. And people constantly using the Japanese print of the card on this site because they just can't settle for Mist Wurm until Trishula comes out. It's bothersome. And well, I haven't seen this one on this list, and don't know why, but Pot of Duality? ANYTIME I make a deck on here or something and ask for suggestions, I get asked about Pot of Duality. If you even have 5 Darks, someone will suggest Dark Armed Dragon. It's pointless asking for suggestions, because you get the same suggestions everytime. lol.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: