main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
"Equip Monster" question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject: "Equip Monster" question   PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote

In my new Meklord deck, I have a few monsters that equip themselves to other monsters. I read the rules, and it says that they're treated as Equip Spell cards while they're equipped, so you can use Heavy Storm or another card to destroy them.

My question is this: If they're destroyed while equipped to a monster, are they a monster card that's destroyed or a Spell Card that's destroyed? In other words, if they're destroyed while equipped to a monster, and I have a Meklord Emperor in my hand, can I Special Summon the Meklord Emperor?

In case you're wondering, all Meklord Emperors have this basic effect: If a monster on your side of the field is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the graveyard, you can special summon this card from your hand.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote

I think it would count as a monster that is treated as an equip card still activates effects if it was sent from the field to the grave so I assume a similar ruling would apply. You should probably double check this though.
dudewitbow
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote

I personally think it wouldn't be treated as a monster, but this is a very tricky ruling
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote

I found a similar ruling where you can use machine type union monsters that are equipped to a cyber dragon as a fusion material monster for chimeratech fortress dragon. This is because it's still treated as a machine type monster. An equipped monster is still a monster and treated as a equip spell card.
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote

saintrl wrote:
I found a similar ruling where you can use machine type union monsters that are equipped to a cyber dragon as a fusion material monster for chimeratech fortress dragon. This is because it's still treated as a machine type monster. An equipped monster is still a monster and treated as a equip spell card.

So, in other words, if a Union monster equipped is destroyed, then it's a monster that's destroyed. If an equip monster (such as Blast Sphere) is destroyed, then it's a Spell Card that's destroyed. No problem! If that's the case, then I have even more ways of bringing out my big guns!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Wait I was only using Union monsters as an example. Any monster thats equipped is still treated as a monster but it is vulnerable to spell destruction effects. However it does not count as a spell card (so blast sphere wouldn't count as being destroying as a spell it would be a monster getting destroyed). Read the rulings as this is not true for some cards.
skittlz100

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Equip_Card wrote:
Other cards may become Equip Cards through card effects, like with "Sword Hunter" or Union Monsters. Whenever a Monster Card becomes an Equip Card, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card, and is no longer considered a Monster Card. So a "Dark Magician" equipped to your "Sword Hunter" as an Equip Card could be destroyed by "Heavy Storm" but not by "Tribute to the Doomed". However, monsters equipped as Equip Cards still count as "on the field", so effects or conditions that rely on a card "being sent from the field to the Graveyard", such as "Felgrand Dragon", would still apply even for monsters treated as Equip Cards.

That's all I could get from trusty 'ole wikia. But I don't think they'd count as the monster being destroyed. Because wikia says "...treated as an Equip Spell Card, and is no longer considered a Monster Card..."
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote

For the Meklord's effect it also mentions sent to the graveyard and a equipped monster is treated as a monster again once it hits the grave so I think it would count.

Someone call a judge this is getting too much trying to figure it out.
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote

saintrl wrote:
For the Meklord's effect it also mentions sent to the graveyard and a equipped monster is treated as a monster again once it hits the grave so I think it would count.

Someone call a judge this is getting too much trying to figure it out.

I agree. This is getting too confusing. We need an official judge ruling.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote

I dont get this and the Dragunity ones.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: