main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Selling Cards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Selling Cards   PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote

I have so many cards, and only a few that I actually need, so I would like to sell my cards.

How do people go about valuing their cards, especially for older card games that are no longer purchasable? What tips does anyone have for valuations, just in case someone asks?
yannedern

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote

go to internet and find a site with value for each of your game...
but sometimes, sites are very high... or very low Smile

try to find active people for a collection, perhaps he will be OK to help you... for free Smile

never use EBAY
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks!

It's hard to find online sites, since the game is so old. But I will look.

Ebay is a strange place, and depends on the seller I think. Some people think their cards are worth a lot, some people think they are not. And it's just a case of finding like minded buyers on there I think.
marigoldfroggy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote

I disagree about ebay. Ebay gives you a good idea about what people are actually willing to pay for a card (if you look at the lowest buy it now prices and the price that auctions of a particular card tend to end at). It doesn't make much sense for someone to buy cards from you if they can get the same cards cheaper somewhere else (ebay or any other place where cards are sold).
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote

I think you are right in that ebay is a good base. The thing with ebay is you can usually at least find the older card games, if nothing else. But I think the Buy It Nows only show what the buyers are prepared to sell for, rather than buyers. Only by looking at completed listings can you see what people actually paid.

But you do make a lot of sense about using to see what others are selling for in order to quote a lower price. It's what to do when your cards are no where to be found! Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: