main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Rule Debate on Marksman's preparation

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiodosin1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Rule Debate on Marksman's preparation   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 am Reply with quote

I'm a little confused about the attack Marksman's Preparation most veterans are familiar with it if you're not look it up. I've been hearing around that its 30 damage from its final text doesn't count as attack damage I disagree, here is my argument. The fact that you have to pay a cost doesn't change the type of damage just like any other ability, mugic, attack, ect. The fact that the card says "additional" might be the culprit but cards such as Invaders Tactics, Kharall crush, Rage of Aaune, and ice sheet (note all these but one are from the set rise of oligarchs no cards after that set mention additional in there damage possibly of this very confusion) have the word additional in there damage text. also only attack damage does not need to designate which creature(s) are effected by it since it always targets the engaged creature (unless otherwise noted) none of the above listed attacks or marksman's designate any creature to receive the damage since it is in fact also attack damage.if someone could post a the counter argument and please state where the damage is coming from if not the attack card and how you know the damage targets the opposing engaged creature if it is not listed. its a bummer that chaotic isn't up anymore so we can't get an official ruling but I'm interested in debating this with fellow fans.
afjak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Rule Debate on Marksman's preparation   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 am Reply with quote

chiodosin1 wrote:
I'm a little confused about the attack Marksman's Preparation most veterans are familiar with it if you're not look it up. I've been hearing around that its 30 damage from its final text doesn't count as attack damage I disagree, here is my argument. The fact that you have to pay a cost doesn't change the type of damage just like any other ability, mugic, attack, ect. The fact that the card says "additional" might be the culprit but cards such as Invaders Tactics, Kharall crush, Rage of Aaune, and ice sheet (note all these but one are from the set rise of oligarchs no cards after that set mention additional in there damage possibly of this very confusion) have the word additional in there damage text. also only attack damage does not need to designate which creature(s) are effected by it since it always targets the engaged creature (unless otherwise noted) none of the above listed attacks or marksman's designate any creature to receive the damage since it is in fact also attack damage.if someone could post a the counter argument and please state where the damage is coming from if not the attack card and how you know the damage targets the opposing engaged creature if it is not listed. its a bummer that chaotic isn't up anymore so we can't get an official ruling but I'm interested in debating this with fellow fans.

I actually typed a long and detailed post about it here. Long story short, I vividly remember sinking Melody of Mirage/Fighter's Fanfare/every trick in the book against this and still taking that "extra" 30. I'm strongly convinced this wasn't due to a system malfunction, but instead to the fact that the discard ability deals damage where the main attack does not, and that it's after the burst as every time it was used by or against me. There are however six cards that can decrease the damage in the game:

-Aegis Airia
-Adaptive Progression
-Droskin
-Vilrik Landfarer
-Melody of the Meek
-Ailav

If the site comes back and later testing disproves this to simply be a malfunction, then many wins and losses both here and there were undeserved. But for now, this is the way it's being ruled.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: