main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
re-reading the rules

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiodosin1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: re-reading the rules   PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote

recently it was made known to me about the comprehensive rule guide a list of rules that help in determining more exactly how every rule in the game works with one another. while up to this point afjak has been a phenonimal source for all of our chaotic rule questions I am going to be reading the comprehensive rules and card errta myself and checking some of his rulings BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD YOU! I know I know and most of his rulings are probably perfectly correct but he is still one person and people make mistakes. also having 2 people in touch with the rule will help sovle questions even faster, horrah! Please contiue to use afjaks Q and A form for all your new questions but check back here for the next week or so to see what I discover about chaotic.

first up I would like to mention rule 8.6.5.2 which talks about determining attack damage it states "The amount of damage dealt by an Attack Card may be modified by other game
effects or abilities. The total damage dealt by the Attack is first modified by any
effects that increase Attack damage. Any effects that add a specific amount of
damage are calculated first, followed by any effects that multiply damage dealt. Then
any effects that reduce damage are applied. These are applied in reverse order to the
above with any division effects applied first followed by any effects that reduce the
damage dealt by a specific number. Finally any effect that sets damage done to a
specific number is applied."

so as you can see the infamous xerium/meek reduction tricks don't seem to actually be legit instead damage set effects like xerium must be applied after all reductions/increases to damage. This I think will help to balance the game more and make these effects less overpowered.

here's a link to the comprehensive rules so you can source check me and maybe discover something for yourself.

http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t794-errata-comprehensive-rules
chiodosin1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote

so yeah bet you thought I forgot about this but no I've been working on it the comprehensive rules are just kinda long and I've been a bit lazy

anyway it was alot of time for only 2 real things and they aren't really that great

first off there's this

If a Mugic Card has a cost of X this indicates that the cost of the Mugic is variable.
When playing these Mugic Cards the casting player must decide a value for X as the
Mugic is being declared. The cost of the Mugic becomes that chosen value and that
number of counters must be removed from a Creature the casting player controls that
shares a characteristic with the Mugic. Any text effects of the Mugic use the chosen
value of X when it resolves.

which means that fal'makin AI can play any X mugics (namely tonal destruction) as long as you choose a cost of 2 or less

next up is something that always had me confused but some of you may see this as obvious its about element attack and element damage

Elemental Attack: Any Attack Card with an Elemental Type is considered an elemental attack of the
associated type (or types). See Elemental Type.
Elemental Damage: The elemental damage dealt by an attack is based on the elemental type of an attack and the elemental types of the creature. An attack is considered to do a particular damage type if both it
and the creature playing it have that elemental type.

that means an attack is an elemental attack regardless of whether the creature playing it has those types or not. for effects like bodals dagger. in contrast damage is elemental damage only if the attack has the element type AND your creature has the element type for things like Fire 5 or fluidmorph. I feel like most people probably knew this but I always got confused by the two so here's a clarification if anyone else was confused
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Chaotic TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: