main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
help with uploading an expansion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Games not yet in TCO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazarus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: help with uploading an expansion   PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote

I'm trying to upload the set 4 expansion for the panini dbz game. I typed out the list in an Excel spreadsheet then changed it to the tab-delimited text file. When I tried to upload it I got this:

The following errors were detected. Please correct them and try again. Thanks!

Line 1:Black Pop-up [tab] C1 [tab] Common [tab] Setup [tab] POWER: Name a card. Your opponent destroys the top card of his Life Deck. If the card you named was destroyed, use a critical damage effect.

Error: The value for Character ("POWER: Name a card. Your opponent destroys the top card of his Life Deck. If the card you named was destroyed, use a critical damage effect.") is not known. Please make sure to use values exactly as they appear on our website. If you think this is a new value that should be available on our site, please contact us: ***hidden email address***.com

Line 2:Black Inactivity Drill [tab] C2 [tab] Common [tab] Drill [tab] (Infinity Symbol): At the start of each player's turn, that player chooses and destroys one of his Setups. Banish this Drill when there are no Setups in play.

Error: The value for Character ("(Infinity Symbol): At the start of each player's turn, that player chooses and destroys one of his Setups. Banish this Drill when there are no Setups in play.") is not known. Please make sure to use values exactly as they appear on our website. If you think this is a new value that should be available on our site, please contact us: ***hidden email address***.com

It went on like that. So how do I fix it?
star_man_20
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote

I have had trouble with this before, too. after everything is typed into the excel spreadsheet, just copy and paste it all into a text file (.txt) and upload that.

the .csv file is supposed to open with Notepad, but doesn't.
lazarus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote

I figured out my problem.

The DBZ sets require a column for "Character". Which was just whoever"s headshot found on the bottom corner of the card.

The new version of the game, which the set I'm trying to upload is from, no longer does that. I wasn't thinking and didn't leave an empty column to signify "none".

So the site wouldn't take the list because it was reading the card text in the boxes that would have been "Character".

I fixed that, but now it won't take the list because the site doesn't have "Hero Ally" and "Villain Ally" as card types.
professorplum

Canceled user

Subject: Similar Issues   PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload a game to the website. I tried uploading as a .csv and got these kinds of messages:

Line 1: Name,Collector Number,Rarity,Card Type,Team Affiliation,Attack Value (ATK),Defense Value (DEF),Recruit or Threshold Cost,Icons,Artist,Game Text,Lore Text

Error: This line does not seem to be formatted properly. It must be a text line and must contain data separated by tabs (the character obtained by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard).
Line 2: Wing Gundam,MS-001,Holo,Mobile Suit,WG,4,4,4,,,Destroy this card before Attacking to destroy one opposing M.S. card of your choice.,

Error: This line does not seem to be formatted properly. It must be a text line and must contain data separated by tabs (the character obtained by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard).
Line 3: Gundam Deathscythe,MS-003,Uncommon,Mobile Suit,WG,3,3,3,,,Gundam Deathscythe may be placed on the M.S. Dock before your Attack Phase.,

Line 4: Gundam Heavyarms,MS-004,Uncommon,Mobile Suit,WG,3,3,3,,,Increase Clash Points by 1 when this card Attacks.

I then tried as Star Man 20 said and upload it as a .txt file. Then I got these errors:

The following errors were detected. Please correct them and try again. Thanks!

[size=12]Line 1: Name [tab] Collector Number [tab] Rarity [tab] Card Type [tab] Team Affiliation [tab] Attack Value (ATK) [tab] Defense Value (DEF) [tab] Recruit or Threshold Cost [tab] Icons [tab] Artist [tab] Game Text [tab] Lore Text

Error: The value for Collector Number is too long ("Collector Number"). It can not be longer than 10 characters.
Line 2: Wing Gundam [tab] MS-001 [tab] Holo [tab] Mobile Suit [tab] WG [tab] 4 [tab] 4 [tab] 4 [tab] [tab] [tab] Destroy this card before Attacking to destroy one opposing M.S. card of your choice. [tab]

Error: The value for Rarity ("Holo") is not known. Please make sure to use values exactly as they appear on our website. If you think this is a new value that should be available on our site, please contact us: ***hidden email address***.com
Line 3: Gundam Deathscythe [tab] MS-003 [tab] Uncommon [tab] Mobile Suit [tab] WG [tab] 3 [tab] 3 [tab] 3 [tab] [tab] [tab] Gundam Deathscythe may be placed on the M.S. Dock before your Attack Phase. [tab]
[/size]

Any thoughts?
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote

It needs to be a text document with the tab key pressed between each type of data entered. So .txt type. The one error about the rarity means you need to use existing rarities, if holo needs to be added to the types of rarities contact user Admin.
professorplum

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote

chibionineko wrote:
It needs to be a text document with the tab key pressed between each type of data entered. So .txt type. The one error about the rarity means you need to use existing rarities, if holo needs to be added to the types of rarities contact user Admin.

ChibiOniNeko, I wrote to the admin about it. Admin's response was that holo should work despite the error messages I am getting.

Also, I went back to the file, deleted the spaces and tabbed between each type of data for a few lines, but received the same error messages on those corrected lines....any thoughts?
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote

professorplum wrote:
chibionineko wrote:

ChibiOniNeko, I wrote to the admin about it. Admin's response was that holo should work despite the error messages I am getting.

Also, I went back to the file, deleted the spaces and tabbed between each type of data for a few lines, but received the same error messages on those corrected lines....any thoughts?

I always used excel to make the spread sheet, then saved it as a text file tab delimited. Then I had to run a macro to make the formatting correct. I can try to find the macro for you if you like.
professorplum

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote

I would, thank you. I really appreciate your offer.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Games not yet in TCO All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: