main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

Let us find for you the cards you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Explanation of card rarities, plus some minor notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Galactic Empires CCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
star_man_20
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Explanation of card rarities, plus some minor notes   PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote

I had read [can't find reference at the moment] that Companion Games (CG) had disliked the sound of "common", so CG bumped up their rarities of their cards by one grade, and I believe this practice started with Primary Edition.

I feel the above is confusing when comparing rarities between this CCG and others, so I will reduce CG's "Commons" to C2, "Uncommons" to C1, "Rares" to U, and "Very Rares" to R. The following is the full graph of rarities used in this web database for Galactic Empires:
P: Promos
E: Entities
V: VR Prism, VR Etch
R: Very Rare
U: Rare (or Booster for Alpha/Beta)
C1: Uncommon
C2: Common or Very Common (as applicable)

As CG did not give any of the sets an expansion symbol, the game text of each card will be as printed in that edition, including misspellings! Please do not change the game text to the most-recent version of the card.

If the game text makes no mention of points generated, then I start the game text with Generated Points. If the game text does mention points generated, then I have added the symbols for the points generated at the end of the line of effect text.

I have intentionally omitted Fleet Modifier points, as they are redundant from the game text.

Any artist credit of "Space, Time & Art" on a card has been credited to Josepha Haveman. The art of Josepha Haveman is copyright Wayzata Technologies and is found on the CD Space, Time & Art.

The art for the Economic Crisis card is Copyright Aris Multimedia Entertainment, Inc. 1991-3.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Galactic Empires CCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: