Merit Points and how to get them
Merit Points are a reflection of your activity on the site: you earn points while you participate and contribute to our community. The more things you do on the site, the more points you get. As you accumulate points you also reach higher experience levels and your reputation online improves. Users at high levels are old-standing contributors to the site who have dedicated time and enthusiasm to this community.
There are many ways in which you earn Merit Points. You may learn about all of them (see below), or you may simply explore the site and enjoy all its services, because at the same time you will be gathering points just for doing so. If you want to do the things that generate more points, then you should concentrate on bringing new people to the site (you get points for life for all the points they themselves generate), or just use the site for its main purpose, which is trading cards (you get 30 points for each Tracked Trade you complete).
Experience Levels, Trader Levels and Player Levels
Based on the points you earn, you are granted different levels of expertise. When you register on the site you are at Level 0 (LV0), but as soon as you get 200 points you reach Expertise Level 1 (LV1). Then, at 500 points you reach Level 2 (LV2) and from there on you get to a new higher level for each 500 extra points you earn (that is, you get to Level 3 (LV3) at 1,000 points, Level 4 (LV4) at 1,500 points, etc.)
Because there are so many things you can do on this site and people can get experience by using very different services and features, we have also two other special Levels that help you identify the good traders and the good players.
- All the points you earn because of trades you complete on the site are counted towards your Trader Level, and you reach a new level for each 90 points you earn: Trader Level 1 at 90 points, Trader Level 2 at 180 points, and so on. This is the Level you have to consider when trading with other people on the site. Most of the risks associated whith trading online vanish when you trade with users who have reached a Trader Level 3 or higher. This Level also determines how many Tracked Trades you can negotiate at the same time: when you are at Level 0 you may negotiate 3 Tracked Trades simultaneously, when at Level 1 you may negotiate 4, and 5 Trades at Level 2. Once you are at Level 3 or higher you can negotiate any number of Trades at the same time.
- For the Player Level, we count all the points you earn because of the games you play and the game disputes you resolve, and because of the Card Reviews you write, the Dream Cards you create, and the decks you build, from the votes they all get, and because of the votes you give yourself to other people's contributions. These activities show a dedication and interest for the game and the strategy, and therefore the Player Level tells you how good a player each user is.
Users Merits Cards
All this information about the Merit Points and the different levels achieved by a user get displayed in a compact manner in each user's Merits Card:
On this card you can quickly verify all the current achievements of the user. You can see this card displayed on that user's public page and on the contact form when you are going to send them a message or a trade offer.
Sources of Merit Points
The following is a detailed list of all the activities that generate Merit Points for you:
- 90 points for each month you stay with us,
- 30 points for each you complete,
- 1 point for each day you visit the site (remember to log in),
- 1 point for every 10 visits your home page receives (that may not look like much, but it adds up quickly if you become popular),
- 5 points for each correction you make to our card database,
- 1 point for each vote you submit to any Card Review, Dream Card, or Deck,
- 1 point for each point your Card Reviews, Dream Cards, and Decks receive; that is, if someone votes with a 5 you get 5 points,
- 3 points for each meaningful comment you post in our forums (but remember that you may be banned from this site for spamming or any other inappropriate content),
- 3 points for each meaningful comment you contribute to the discussion for Card Reviews, Dream Cards, or Decks,
- 5 points for each inappropriate content you report to us by clicking on the corresponding icon (),
- 1 point for each point you score in any of our monthly online tournaments; that is, if you score 85 points on a given tournament you get 85 Merit Points for that at the end of the month,
- 5 points for each disputed online game that you resolve (you need to qualify as a judge for the corresponding game),
- 100 points just for customizing your
- and, finally, you get 10% of all the Merit Points generated by other users you have They will generate Merit Points for you continuously, so remember to promote our site every time and everywhere you have the chance!. These are also special points that let you become Premium for free. They are known as Friendship Points.